Newbies - How long does it take to learn....

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
08/23/2020 3:58 am

We all have to make a living 1st Dave. Hopefully with the transition at work it will take some of the stress off your shoulders.

No fun being under pressure.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 1
mjgodin
mjgodin
08/23/2020 12:25 pm

Yeah I have to admit I was unaware of him as my generation of FM is the Lindsey/ Stevie time period. I knew they existed before them, but just wasn't a fan of the music or didn't understand it at that time. Sadly sometimes talent doesn't get recognized by the general masses until a person passes away.

Anyway, Dave I understand your fustrations and what your going through. Like Bill says though we all have to make a living. I know you'll keep at it though and so won't I. Always remember, music is not our careers. At this stage it's a hobby. There is no pressure on us to perform in front of people or have a song submitted to a producer by a certain time. That's the good thing about it. This is all just fun, so remember to keep it as such and you'll be fine.

# 2
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
08/24/2020 7:01 am

Thanks for the encouragement, gentlemen. I'm pretty comfortable with my learning situation right now. I'm not feeling any pressure or acute frustration. I'm not in any danger of quitting; I will keep on prracting as time and life permit and I think I will keep on enjoying.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.