My Insane Metal Band

Seiko_Hejiro
Seiko_Hejiro
12/18/2002 2:03 am
If you are into some death metal check out my metal band SHADED ENMITY at:

http://Shadedenmity.fateback.com

Also Check out one complete song and two clips at mp3.com

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/437/shaded_enmity.html

All the songs were written by me and all the lead playing is done by me.
Hope you enjoy.

# 1
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
12/18/2002 4:57 pm

Dude, are you the guy who posted that one traditional Japanese song? I love those instruments . . . Where can I find more stuff like that?

# 2
icecool
icecool
12/18/2002 8:13 pm
Dude,

I listened to your song, "The Field Of Absolute Terror" and its quite good, I enjoyed it man =)

The only critisicm I have is that I think the vocals need a bit more work, im not havin a dig, purely constructive.

Keep it up man
# 3
Seiko_Hejiro
Seiko_Hejiro
12/19/2002 12:30 am
Nein, i have not posted any traditional japanese songs, perhaps someone else using this alias did but not me. Sorry Christoph.

Indeed those tracks were pretty much the first time our vocalist sang them, we didn't want to infringe too much on the guys home studio we were using either so we kinda accepted the current quality. Much thanks.
# 4
Psycho Amram
Psycho Amram
12/19/2002 6:36 am
Yeah!

that reminds me where i could have been if i could find a basist :mad:

BTW
what japanese songs?
God sent meat,
and the Devil sent cooks.

Excuse me while i keep this eye
# 5
kingdavid
kingdavid
12/19/2002 4:03 pm
Originally posted by Christoph
...traditional Japanese song? love those instruments...

Traditional music has some of the best instruments you'll ever get to hear;African,Indian,Cambodian,Celtic,whatever.It's unfortunate it doesn't get marketed that much.Plus at least here in Africa,the virtuoso's in traditional music typically wouldn't know a thing about computers,so it's well nigh impossible for you to get a site that has thier stuff.
But maybe if you look around,you just might.
*shrug*
# 6
canuck7
canuck7
12/23/2002 8:48 pm
hey man,
good metal stuff, just listened to two of the songs and i loved the guitar action.
lyrics, no offense, but they were trash in my opinion. the low,"i have a deep, manly growl" is too overdone. just sing loud, maybe a little low, but all my hardcore metal-head friends (and me) think it's overdone. normal or loud singing backs up kickass guitar (like yours) a lot better than a constipated donkey noise.
no offense to you ok man? but, love your stuff.
but could you post the scales that you use for your lead playing? i just like to know what different players use to get their sounds.
other than that, TRY to change the vocals and keep up the awesome guitar!
Thanks for listening to this small piece of me.
# 7
Seiko_Hejiro
Seiko_Hejiro
12/24/2002 7:22 am
Dude, I just used basic minor scales. For The Field of Absolute Terror it was in Bminor and for Eternal Darkness Dminor. PLus a lot of it also had to do with the backing rhythm for the solos n things creating interesting harmonies with that as well.

The intro to the Field of Absolute Terror is just some simple Diminished Arpeggios and the tapping is some simple tapping, the insane Death Metal solo which is heavily influenced by Krisiun in the song was a lot of fast runs through the basic Bminor scale and Diminished and a little whole tone action. But predominately Bminor straight up.

The Eternal Darkness leads used the Dminor scale starting from the 10th position and eventually harmonized at the 5th with some insanely crazy stuff going on. Pretty much just stuck to the basic keys of the songs.

Can't really disagree though, growly low end vocals are done from crap and back but that is part of the musical style of Death Metal. Though I am working with our singer to expand on his ability and talent. Just keep in mind that those records showcase his first attempt really singing the songs inf ac tthe first time he ever did death metal style vocals at all.

Thanks and...
If you have any more questions just E-mail me at
graphics_ninja@yahoo.com
# 8
canuck7
canuck7
12/24/2002 5:34 pm
thanks man,
i have my own "style" i guess, but i have my favorite scales and stuff.
just curious about other people's styles and such.
no offense to your singer. i just thought he could have been a bit more melodic, i do know and appreciate that it is what death metal is made of though. he just seemed to say the words randomly instead of with a rhythm or something.
anyway, thanks for your reply. always good to see what others are using to get their sounds. also, what do you listen to?
Thanks for listening to this small piece of me.
# 9
Seiko_Hejiro
Seiko_Hejiro
12/26/2002 6:31 am
Hmm,

Mostly I listen to Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Emperor, Zyklon, Death, Arch Enemy, Megadeth, Jason Becker, a lot of random classical things, Nevermore, Blind Guardian, Cacopony, Marty Friedmans solo stuff...meh a lot of various styles of metal. And occasionally some Smashing Pumpkins believe it or not and some other random stuff.

Yea it's cool, i tried to help the vocalist guy out on the albumt o sing with more rhythm but it was his first time learning and preforming so i was easy on it. In future recordings it will be much more rhythmic and smooth i guarantee it.

Hope that answers your questions.
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.