The Bard's Song

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
12/18/2002 1:39 am
Does anyone know any other songs like "The Bard's Song" by "Blind Guardian". I think this is an amazing song, only guitar and i like the melodic way of singing.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
12/18/2002 2:13 am
check out a lot of other stuff by guardian, they have a lot of great stuff:
nightfall - a little heaver but good
lord of the rings

dream theater also has some good ones,
silent man

also check out demons and wizards - fiddler on the green, its a little dark and a little heavier towards the end, but still great.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
12/18/2002 2:18 am
Don't kill me for not knowing, but is Blind Guardian a metal band?Are they alot of heavy power chords and lots of distortion?

Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
12/18/2002 6:10 am
Blind Guardian is basically a Speedmetalband that has - over the years - developed a very theatralical and epic style.
They have more than once been praised as Germanys best Metal Band.
Melody is the keyword here - they have like hundreds of great melodies in every single song. Sometimes even a bit overexaggerated. Their last album was recorded on 128 tracks (!)

Songs like the Bards song are:
Past and Future secret (Blind guardian)
The lord of the rings (Blind Guardian)
Tears of the Dragon (Bruce dickinson)
Jerusalem (Bruce Dickinson)
Lots of songs by Haggard (no - not Merle haggard *LOL*)
some stuff by Rhapsody and Luca Turilli
etc etc etc

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.