View post (string gauge/action)

View thread

tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
07/19/2020 6:43 pm

Hey, thanks! both of you for your replies! Much appreciated and helpful. I've built up callouses and numbness, so it's not my fingertips, and i'll definitely take the suggestions regarding light stretching. i have issues with tendonitis so i have to even be careful with stretching, and i found i did stretch a lot this week and i think it aggrevated me., however, i believe your suggestions regarding the nut may be right on point. I checked like you said Mike and moved the Am shape down the fretboard and with ease able to hold down the string. It's very tight on the 1st fret which is why i've been having problems i'm guessing getting the right sound and not being able to with ease get a clear sound and pain having to press so hard on that string/note. I'll take my guitar in with your notes and get them to help. With regard the string gauge, is there a type you prefer or number i'm looking for?

Again, thanks to both of you for all your help! Talk to you soon Mike at the end of the month for our lesson Cheers