Keeping it fun

moosehockey18
moosehockey18
07/07/2020 7:25 pm

Hello All,

During my time learning guitar I`ve come up with a system of sorts that has worked well for me, so I thought I`d share it with you.

1) The GT site has worked quite well for me. The lessons are well constructed and sequenced, but I`ve found that just doing these every day can become a bit of a chore, so.......

2) Learn songs along the way. Even if you consider yourself a beginner, there are many easy versions out there. Choose the ones you like and learn them. Memorize them. Start building a repertoire. I keep a written log of all the songs that I`ve gotten "in the can" as well as those I`m still learning along with written notes, cues and helpful hints to

keeping the timing. Doing this has made me feel more like an actual guitarist ( though still a novice) and not just "someone trying to learn guitar".

3) My weekly schedule usually runs this way: GT site 2-3 days /week

Learning new songs 1-2 days /week. Rehearsing "in the can" tunes 1 day/week. I usually practice 1-2 hours per day.

Anyway, that`s it for what it`s worth. Hopefully it helps.

Jeff

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
07/08/2020 12:11 am

Hi Jeff,

This is great advice. Learning songs are definitely an awesome way to break up the lessons found in the Core Learning and teach you a few new moves as well.

Thanks for sharing!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.