View post (GT: Songs' "Full Performance" video mixes are poor)

View thread

PhillipBD
Full Access
PhillipBD
Full Access
06/23/2020 10:46 pm

Thanks Carl for the quick reply as Video Director of GT.

I like the idea of someday an interactive mix that you mentioned...great minds think alike - I had suggested a similar idea in a separate post to Mike Olekshy a while back :)

Your reply, though, missed my point that the current poor mixes of the "Full Performance" videos for songs is a *recent* change in GT song videos. As full access member john of MT said in his reply to your reply to me, and others also have complained elsewhere, this is a new (and bad) change to GT Full Performance video mixes. No one's requesting that the Full Performance videos be mixed as a commercial MP3 would be, just that the GT mixes go back to the way they used to consistently be: in each song an excellent balance of all parts that can be heard in any GT Full Performance videos before several months ago, when the new mix practice apparently was adopted. I hope you'll check back on the older GT videos to see what I, john of MT, and other GT users mean.

I appreciate your giving it your attention and sending our concerns up the GT chain for review and (hopefully) for action.

Best,

Phillip