View post (5 chord power pack)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
06/23/2020 4:03 pm
Originally Posted by: djberry1972

I don't agree. Learn the chord. Just because I can't play these songs with 100 percent accuracy doesn't mean I can't learn to play the guitar. I can't do it either. Sometimes the singing throws me off or sometimes it's just because it seems to fast for me. I'm sure If I keep at these 3 songs for months, I'll get it but I guarantee I'll be sick of the course by then. I just keep trying to play the 3 chords and not always with "that song". Learn the chord, that's whats important.

I am well past the point of learning my third chord. However extended practice has become ever more important to my development as a musician. My experience, especially when including singing, is that to get a song performance practiced enough, I have to play it for a long time (weeks, months, and even years). Instead of getting sick of the song, I find that extended experience to be where my skills really get honed. I know this could seem difficult to understand when you are just leaning to play your first song with three diffrent chords. But in the long run, this extended practice work on these old songs, is the way to keep them fresh and powerful. But as you grow as a guitarist, your relationship with practice should evolve to become ever more interesting, not the other way around.

In fact this extended work is something that I find exillerating in the extreme, because the song keep growing better and better. I keep polishing the chops and they keep evolving into increasingly musical forms as my skill grows. In fact I have songs that I have worked on for years, and they keep evolving and improving. They don't sound anything like the sketchy songs that I started with. I find great joy in this development process and it is a good part of what keeps me playing guitar....

I always thought...that is the idea

Captcha is a total pain in the........