Electrics with wider necks

chris512
Full Access
chris512
Full Access
06/11/2020 2:17 pm

Anyone have recommendations on strats/strat clones with wider necks that still have a flatter profile? I have pretty big hands/long fingers and tend to get squished up when playing fast rock licks up the neck. I played classical guitar for a few years and am comfortable on the mile-wide neck but this doesn't translate to electric/rock/metal.

I've been poking around but am wondering if anyone else here has the same issue that they've solved with the perfect guitar.

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/11/2020 4:34 pm
Originally Posted by: chris512

Anyone have recommendations on strats/strat clones with wider necks that still have a flatter profile?

[p]The best solution is to visit some music stores & play a variety of guitars to find what works for you.

You can look up specs on the web. Ot you can look at YouTube videos.

https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_neck_types

I can tell you that most Ibanez RG series guitars with Wizard type necks are pretty wide & flat. I have one I use specifically for that purpose when I need it. But it's so wide that I have trouble playing it for most things because I have relatively small hands. :) Then, it's back to my normal Strats![br][br]But none of that is going to replace your personal experience of playing guitars until you find a neck that works for you.

Best of success!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.