classical

fuhgeddaboutit14
Full Access
fuhgeddaboutit14
Full Access
06/08/2020 7:40 pm

hello, I am in the market for a classical guitar with a low budget, I am hoping a classical guitar would help my playin...can anyone please advise me on buying one. or do I need one, I have my prs A50e AQ

# 1
fuhgeddaboutit14
Full Access
fuhgeddaboutit14
Full Access
06/10/2020 8:13 pm
Originally Posted by: fuhgeddaboutit14

hello, I am in the market for a classical guitar with a low budget, I am hoping a classical guitar would help my playin...can anyone please advise me on buying one. or do I need one, I have my prs A50e AQ

# 2
fuhgeddaboutit14
Full Access
fuhgeddaboutit14
Full Access
06/10/2020 8:16 pm

does not anyone know anything on a classical guitar, no advise

# 3
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
06/10/2020 9:24 pm

Hey Fuhgeddaboutit14:

Sorry for the delay! I let our instructor Dave Celentano know that you're asking -- he plays a lot of classical guitar and might be able to point you in the right direction.

Also Christopher Schlegel has studied classical in depth, so one of them will hopefully pop in and offer advice.

The good thing about classical guitars is that there are a lot of entry-level models since it's a common "student" guitar. In my own experience any entry-level should do the trick, as long as the strings aren't too high off the neck. Unlike steel string acoustics and electrics, you don't need to spend much to get a playable classical guitar. And no need to make a huge investment in a classical guitar until you're really deep into it (several years). By that point you'll know what you're looking for.

I have one of the Huntingtons here that GuitarTricks gives away with special deals a couple times a year, and that one works well for me.

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 4
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/10/2020 9:51 pm

Hi fuhgeddaboutit14,

The Yamaha model "CG122MSH classical - natural" is a great entry level instrument to start off with and it'll give you plenty of room to grow into. It's going for about $239 at Sweetwater.

The Fender model CN-60S classical nylon string is another decent one to start out with that's a little less expensive.

I hope this helps!

-Dave Celentano

# 5
fuhgeddaboutit14
Full Access
fuhgeddaboutit14
Full Access
06/12/2020 12:18 am
Originally Posted by: Carl King

Hey Fuhgeddaboutit14:

Sorry for the delay! I let our instructor Dave Celentano know that you're asking -- he plays a lot of classical guitar and might be able to point you in the right direction.

Also Christopher Schlegel has studied classical in depth, so one of them will hopefully pop in and offer advice.

The good thing about classical guitars is that there are a lot of entry-level models since it's a common "student" guitar. In my own experience any entry-level should do the trick, as long as the strings aren't too high off the neck. Unlike steel string acoustics and electrics, you don't need to spend much to get a playable classical guitar. And no need to make a huge investment in a classical guitar until you're really deep into it (several years). By that point you'll know what you're looking for.

I have one of the Huntingtons here that GuitarTricks gives away with special deals a couple times a year, and that one works well for me.

-Carl.

Thank you Ć°ÅøĖœÅ , I appreciate your advice.

# 6
fuhgeddaboutit14
Full Access
fuhgeddaboutit14
Full Access
06/12/2020 12:22 am
Originally Posted by: Dave Celentano

Hi fuhgeddaboutit14,

The Yamaha model "CG122MSH classical - natural" is a great entry level instrument to start off with and it'll give you plenty of room to grow into. It's going for about $239 at Sweetwater.

The Fender model CN-60S classical nylon string is another decent one to start out with that's a little less expensive.

Thank you Dave, would you have any thoughts on the Cordoba C 1M .

I hope this helps!

-Dave Celentano

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.