View post (when to move on to guitar fund. 2?)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
05/17/2020 12:29 pm

Hi Gert,

I second a lot of what William Said. I don't strive for perfection either. Get the information down to a level of understanding that your comfortable with and move on. Since this is an online learning academy we as users and players have to be our own coaches to some extent. That's a hard concept for some us older newbies to understand. Were used to teachers controlling our development whether it's classroom or one on one. Here there are no diplomas or certificates handed out telling you your allowed to go to next level. It's really kind of up to you to make that call. I would say if your comfortable with what you learned in GF 1 then by all means move on to GF2 cause that's where theory and technique really ramp up. Some of it you might enjoy and some of it you might not. That was my Personal experience anyway.

However since you paid for the site your free to move around at your will. For example right now I'm jumping around between Acoustic and Country Levels 1. I also have a few songs I play mostly the (made easy) versions but there are a few that I take on as projects that are at a higher level and also working on fingerpicking tutorials with both Lisa and Anders. For fun I go on Youtube and there are a few songs I play along to as well so my practice routine is pretty full as you can see, but again I don't harbor in one area and try to master it to death. I'm not saying you can't it's just you have to decide for yourself when you feel ready to move on. The one advantage to this site is you can always go back to things later on. I still go back to fundamentals 1 and 2 once in a while to reinforce some areas I may have breezed through too quickly or just to play some of the melodies that Lisa taught to see how far I've come. They're a lot easier now then when I started and that provides me the motivation to keep going.

Good Luck,

Moe