View post (when to move on to guitar fund. 2?)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/17/2020 11:54 am

Hi Gert

This has been my experience over the past 17 months.

I don't look for perfection, I only need a general concept and I will make that part of my practice. I can't practice everything everyday - there is too much - so I bascially rotate things that need work. But I am at a stage where I have pretty good fundamental knowledge of theory and the fretboard and now my goal is to make things come together in a more seemless way. Right now I am too mechanical, needing to think before I move, but I believe that with continued practice my movements on the fretboard will be more from "muscle memory" than deliberate thought.

Buzzing strings still happen for me. I don't like it, but I find it has a lot to do with tempo. I think with more practice you will find strings buzzing less.

Singing and playing is very difficult. I began song writing not long ago and I have to break it into parts - chords - words - combine the two literally 1 bar at a time. But like everything else with guitar it will just take time in to come together.

And since I have always excelled at making a fool of myself, here is what I mean on the singing / playing aspect.

https://youtu.be/da4dOwOR8Eo

It's all good fun Gert, enjoy your guitar journey!

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!