View post (amp settings tutorial - complete beginner)

View thread

DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
05/13/2020 7:59 pm

Hi p_p_s. I also have a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and Boss Katana 50 MkII. Take a look here https://www.justinguitar.com/modules/boss-katana. Justin has a whole module dedicated to this amplifier. This is all aimed at beginners like you and me. I am not sure if you have to sign up for Justin's site in order to access this, but if you do it is free and will not spam you or sell your information.

Now, hopefully I won't ruffle any feathers by linking to a "competitor" here. Honestly I think "JG" and "GT" can coexist without really being a threat to each other. I use both and find them both invaluable.

Although I have the same electric guitar and amp as you, I have been learning and playing on an acoustic almost exclusively so far. It does require more finger strength than the electric, but when I plug in the electric I actually have a much harder time playing clean chords and notes. The strings are a little bit closer together so it feels crowded to my fingers. If you are starting out with the electric then you probably will not have that problem though.

Good luck, and enjoy the journey,

Dave...

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.