View post (Why do priotity rules change on chord switch?)

View thread

kochj79
kochj79
04/30/2020 2:36 pm

Hi there,

When going through the Chords chapter, Lisa talks about anchors and priority base notes.

It appears to firstly use a finger as an anchor point, and a few lessons further suddenly the base note has priority. Then when I come across Am to D, I dont understand why she says "middle finger first" as this is placed on the 1st string and not the base note of D chord. Why doesnt she say "index finger first" as this finger is placed on the base note of the D chord. Besides its not that hard to move from 2nd string 1st fret to 3rd string 2nd fret. They are very close. I find this a bit strange and confusing. I tend to follow the basenote first rule, which make my finger technique in this particular chord switch different than what Lisa recommends or teaches.

So why does a priority rule suddenly change when totally unnecessary in my humble opinion.

Edit: I mixed up the base note with the 1st fretted note which comes after the base note. But still it confuses me to first put your finger on the 1 string while this is the last string of the chord.