Would it be cool to have reverse image for videos?

jschroni
jschroni
04/21/2020 5:12 pm

While going through the basic beginner videos I keenly noted (insert sarcasm mode here) that while matching things up I have to flip things around in my mind in order to get the correct finger position body position etc. What if the instructer videos had an option to be in reverse image? So, instead of seeing in the video the headstock pointing the other way than mine is pointing, it would be like looking into a mirror. This might speed things up for some people.

# 1
ledinscak
ledinscak
04/22/2020 4:27 pm
Originally Posted by: jschroni

While going through the basic beginner videos I keenly noted (insert sarcasm mode here) that while matching things up I have to flip things around in my mind in order to get the correct finger position body position etc. What if the instructer videos had an option to be in reverse image? So, instead of seeing in the video the headstock pointing the other way than mine is pointing, it would be like looking into a mirror. This might speed things up for some people.

If you download video and play it through for instance VLC (https://www.videolan.org/index.html) you can apply video filter (Tools > Effects & Filters > Video Effects > Geometry > Transform > Flip Horizontaly). Just mind that all text and tabs are going to be revers too on the video :-) I'm preaty sure other video players have simular tools.

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.