View post (Who do you want to see before it is too late?)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/04/2020 11:57 pm
Originally Posted by: DavesGuitarJourney

Ok John of MT, just who the hell have you NOT passed on?!? Have ya actually seen anyone? :-)

I was lucky enough to see BB a few times between about 1980 and 2000. I was always aware that he was getting up in years and might not be around for too long, so made sure to see him when I could. What a class act he was.

I should have seen Johnny Winter but never did. He certainly played in and around Houston fairly often when I lived there. [br][br]

I have to add ZZ Top to my list now that I am thinking about it. I probably could have seen them in the 80s but I did not like the music they were doing at that time. I felt like they sold out and basically did the same overproduced album three times in a row.

Oh yeah... Tiny little Missoula (about 55,000) has built quite a reputation and I've seen a dozen or two acts here. Big names at the top of the list; the Rolling Stones who recommended the stop to Paul who took the advice. Elton John was here, liked the reception so much he was back again in two months. Couldn't get tickets the first time, scored on the second. Seen Dylan, James Taylor, and Willie (twice), ZZ Top with Jeff Beck, CSN and Neil Young (seperate, not together

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins