View post (Who do you want to see before it is too late?)

View thread

DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
04/04/2020 9:54 pm
Originally Posted by: matonanjin2

Clapton. Clapton is definitely in my bucket list. But I also fully realize it is probably not going to happen.

He, like most know, just held another Crossroads benefit concert in Dallas last year. I tried every way possible to come up with a way to get there but couldn't. (The limitation was not financial or time but my health issues.) He holds these every three years. Given his issues with peripheral neuropathy and his age it's highly unlikely there will be another one He held a concert last year in Europe with Santana, my all time favorite guitarist, and we really tried to get to that, but couldn't.

Btw, we just saw Buddy Guy on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise. It was a great concert. And he played here (Omaha) last August with Kenny Wayne Shepherd and it was equally awesome. I'm surprised and sorry your experience was "really not so good".

The not so good show was last June, I think, same tour you saw in August with KWS. I am glad to hear he did a better show later on the same tour. I think he was just not feeling it on that particular night for whatever reason. He didn't suck or anything like that, but it seemed like he was having to really work to find the enthusiasm and it felt a little forced. I am not complaining about it at all though. Honestly even on an off night he is truly amazing. Has 10 times the energy I will ever have andI think he is about 25 years older than me.

Clapton, definitely would love to see. It's weird, guys like Clapton and Jeff Beck have such an exalted status in my mind that the idea of actually seeing them live doesn't even occur to me! They seem like legendary or mythical characters.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.