When should you move on

JJVogel
JJVogel
03/27/2020 2:22 am

I literally just started a few days ago. I am in no rush and want to make sure I learn correctly from the beginning. My question is when starting out , when should you move to next lesson. For example in Fundamentals 1 , Chapter 2, spider leg exceraise. Should I master and feel comfortable doing that, practicing fretting, before I move to next one( my first simple chords C and G). Then do you master those chords before you move on, etc..

Basically looking to create a daily practice rouitine and include what I need before I go on to other lessons.

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
03/27/2020 12:21 pm

Hi JV

I usually like to talk to people face to face and put together a short vid on my own experience as a fellow beginner and what has worked for me. My knowledge of the guitar has grown and most importantly I have avoided the frustrations that made me put it away so many times before.

Ultimately there are many different players with many different techniques. For instance I make mention of Michael Angelo Batio who is a very talented player - however, he will play a lick 1000 times in a row to get it down. I can't do anything 1000 times in a row.

Best of luck on your studies

JV

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.