View post (Show & Tell: New Gear Acquisitions)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
03/19/2020 7:28 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

My latest gear purchase was this EHX phaser.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SmallStoneN--electro-harmonix-nano-small-stone-phase-shifter-pedal

It had been a while since I bought a pedal. :) And I'm working on a tutorial on how to set & use old school pedals in a performance setting. So I was looking for some kind of basic modulation unit. And this one was at my local music store, brand for 50% off! Sold!

I'm also looking at a used Telecaster. So that might be on the way soon. :)

Nice. Modulation is an art. My first pedal I ever boughtwas a DOD Flanger. I got it used for nearly nothing and because a friend said he loved flangers. When you're not great a playing, it was a fun toy. But it was actually useful to learn how to play to the tool.

That Small Stone looks pretty cool. I always want to bite on something like this but nowadays I realize I'd only get it to play with and I have enough in Amp Sim effects to get me buy. Still, The Nano has some cool sounds.

Tele? Get it! I got one last year and I love playing my Tele. I've heard it said that a Tele us supposed to make you work for it. I kinda found that to be true. Not 'work' per se but it tends to make me play a little differently and outside my normal stuff.

I did get three guitars in the last year, I should slow down. My wife concurs....so we bought her a Martin Mini yesterday from Chicago Music Exchange! She a beginner but the Taylor Mini ain't up to the job...but I digress.