View post (Show & Tell: New Gear Acquisitions)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
03/18/2020 4:01 pm

Hey all. I know I posted one of these buried in a thread but since I got another peice of gear, I'd add it to this. Here's my recent toys:

First up is the previosuly mentioned acquisition; the Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute Double Cut. Though every new guitar I get becomes my 'favorite', this one really gets me jazzed. I love playing this guitar. Out of the box, it's set up nicely and stays in tune (which is not always the case with a Les Paul neck/headstock). I love the P90's. They're a single coil pickup but not in the same way as a Strat/Tele. It's got a nice fat but twangy sweet spot. It's no frills. One volume and one tone pot. No maple top. It's just a slab of mahogony. I opted for the blue because, well, it's pretty. It's actually just as nice in person. I noted in another thread that they are clearing it out for the new 'like' model so I got it for $599 (not its previous $999). It's plays better than my 'real' Les Paul.

So there you go. My newest gear. Will this be it for a while? Probably, but I've said that before.