Thank you GT, Lisa, and this forum!

brandenrn
Full Access
brandenrn
Full Access
03/09/2020 7:12 am

This will echo posts made by many others, but I am absolutely loving playing the guitar and I am so glad I found GT and this forum. I am 47 years old and, like so many others, always wanted to learn guitar. In December, I decided it was time, so I bought myself a beautiful Gretsch Electromatic 5420T in Fairlane Blue and went to work (and play).

I played around with youtube and other sites for a bit before stumbling onto GT. I signed up for the free trial and, being so impressed, did that for about 2 days before becoming a full access member. I love the format, layout, pacing, instructors, and pretty much everything about GT.

I'm having so much fun playing the guitar and I am amazed at the amount of things I am learning...way more than I thought I would know at this point. I have been at it for about 2.5 months (taking my time) and currently I am about 60% through Fundamentals 1. I'm not much good, but I am 100% better than the day I started and that's progress...plus I'm having a blast.

One of the things I love most about this whole experience is the positivity and sense of community on this site and forum. I always expected this journey to be more or less solo (aside from visits to local instructors), but it's been quite the opposite. I love reading through posts on this forum and seeing that there are so many others taking the same journey and facing the same challenges as myself. And, I especially appreciate the responsivness of the instructors in helping everyone get past hurdles, obstacles, etc.

Suffice it to say, I am loving this new journey I am on and I appreciate Lisa, this website, and all the other aspiring (and accomplished) guitarists on this forum for sharing the journey with me. Thank you!

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
03/09/2020 7:42 am

One can palpably discern the joy you feel from your post brandenrn.

We're with you!

# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/10/2020 1:38 pm

Yay, Branden!

Music changes lives. We are so delighted you are here with us!

- Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
03/10/2020 2:39 pm
Originally Posted by: brandenrn

I love reading through posts on this forum and seeing that there are so many others taking the same journey and facing the same challenges as myself.

[p]

It is a long road Branden, best of luck on it.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 4
Blakeney8
Full Access
Blakeney8
Full Access
03/10/2020 7:42 pm

Congratulations and welcome!!

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.