View post (Seem too be stuck)

View thread

mcchuck47
Full Access
mcchuck47
Full Access
02/23/2020 6:54 pm

I started playing electric guitatr about 5 yrs ago,(Lefty) when I was 53 yrs. old, so really has been a slow journey for me and being older my hands are a bit stiffer do too doing a job that is constant repetetive motion. I took some private lessons in the begining learned, strumming, D chord, then C, G ok now play songs with GCD and minor chords. I have practiced and played daily well not much sucess always wanted to play blues, well learned a few riffs, minor pent scale in A, bounced back and fourth on YouTube, bought amps and gutars and pedals, an endless rabbit hole, but fun and expensive, over that now, practic, practice.I have a Fender Strat and Tele and the Helix Floor , Power Cab and one small tube amp. I started GT's about 7 or 8 months ago from the begining in guitar fundimentals 2 now, power chords. I can play along with most of Lisa's songs which is awesome and Karen's beginners song Simple man which I love and a few other songs. I'm stuck when it comes too melodies and most rythms, been trying too learn B7 and F chord(stuck) and that is as far as i seem too get, trying too learn the Stones cant always get what you want, which should be easy.just cant seen too get past it., loving what I can do just want too be able too play more of a variety.