how long to finish fundementals 1?

edzbik
edzbik
02/13/2020 12:24 am

About how many hours should it take to finish Fundementals 1? Fundementals 2? Assuming enough practice hours to get competent but not perfect at the various practice songs (I can play them with occasional mistakes at 75%-100% speed). I got through Fundementals 1 in about 5 weeks, 15-20 hours practice per week. Is that too fast? Should I be slowing down to get better at practice songs?

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/13/2020 6:50 pm

Hi there,

It's hard to say how many hours it should take to finish anything. Everyone learns at their own pace. If you feel like you learned from Fundamentals 1 in the time it took you to finish it, then that is okay. You should judge yourself on what you learned and now hot long it took to "finish" the course.

It's all about playing so you are the best judge of what actually learned. Don't pressure yourself on going too fast or too slow, just take it at your own pace and focus on the subject and the guitar playing, and you'll be fine! Consistency is more important than overall speed.

-Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Wolfman74
Wolfman74
02/14/2020 12:18 am

I went through it in about the same amount of time. Lisa says you don’t need to be perfect but it’s important to keep practicing what you learn in fundamentals 1 and use these skills as a foundation for the rest of the course.

My next step is to start learning some of the beginner songs like Bob Dylan’s Blowin in the Wind.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.