View post (Sock Pow Zok!!)

View thread

dlwalke
Full Access
dlwalke
Full Access
01/29/2020 10:58 pm

Trying to learn the original Batman TV theme - kind of a surfy bluesy number. As a short TV show theme, it's a bit monotonous and benefits from some ornamentation. This is provided, in part, by musical (or at least auditory) accompaniment to Sock Pow Zok at seconds 10-11, Pow Bif Bam Sok Blap at 31"-32", and Whap Biff Oooof at 33"-34". See accompanying video. Anyone care to venture a guess as to what chords might sound right here? I don't even care if they're correct, just usable in terms of capturing the vibe. I'm not even sure if what's in the video are chords. To my untrained ear, they sounds a bit like notes from a brass instrumentor from a car horn (which as I understand it are usually 2 notes).

For 20 bonus points (Whose Line is it Anyway points), can anyone figure out what the notes are between seconds 4 and 5 in the same video. I've listened to it slowed down and still can't quite figure it out. I'm not even sure I can tell how many notes there are. My best guess is something like G(1st string 3rd fret), G#, G, F, D#, G+D.