Song learning

Jon Mo
Full Access
Jon Mo
Full Access
01/20/2020 3:42 pm

All,

I am 3/4 of a year into leaning and trying out the songs recommended after certain training modules. That being said, what is you average learn time and how much time do you dedicate to each song? I am currently learning "Boys of Summer" and its a bit above what I currrently have in my arsenal but it will be a fun song when I complete it(Anders is a good teacher).

Jon

# 1
Meridirh
Full Access
Meridirh
Full Access
01/20/2020 7:32 pm

Hey gogachachi :)

I can't speak for the others, but my particular approach consists of roughly 2 months for a song. This can vary, depending on the difficulty of some songs. Some three-level songs are done in two weeks, whereas others take longer. however, I have to say that I can only spend like 10 minutes of ouf my 60 minutes-session to songs :)

Lukas

Limits are selfmade. Break beyond them!

www.meridirhproductions.com | Too old to learn multiple instruments? Let's put it to a test...

Guitar: Started January 2016

Styles/Genres I am currently studying:

- Classical Guitar

- Latin Style (Flamenco, Soleares)

- Folk Style (Pop, Celtic, Irish, Gypsi)

- (Fingerstyle) Blues

- (Fingerstyle) Jazz

# 2
Jon Mo
Full Access
Jon Mo
Full Access
01/21/2020 4:44 pm

Lukas,

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense as i dont want to spend a lot of time while still learning techniques.

Jon

# 3
danhouse7
danhouse7
01/30/2020 12:19 am

I keep a notebook for songs I'm working on. I've got about 20. I continually work on them in my free time until satisfied. I take notes on each one. And if I find a better way to play a measure, I'll change it. I'll play them on the piano, ukulele, baritone ukulele, and now the guitar.

Once you get the hang of how to sing while playing, it develops quickly. Some songs are easy to play, and can be done is easier keys. It takes a lot longer if it's a song written especially for vocalist, such as Sinatra or Louis Amstrong, and has a lot of complex chord progressions.

It took me about 6 months to be able to play and sing It was a very good year (Dm.) It took me a few hours to learn and play and sing As tears go (Mick Jagger).

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.