Burnin For You

StratmanKeith
StratmanKeith
01/05/2020 2:32 am

Found the classic BOC song lesson on your list, really enjoying it, thanks!

Keith

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/05/2020 1:33 pm

Right on Keith!! It's a fun one!

Cheers!

Mike

Originally Posted by: kloveless

Found the classic BOC song lesson on your list, really enjoying it, thanks!

Keith

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
01/05/2020 3:08 pm

So long as this lesson has been referenced, I have a question I've wondered about and a point. Point: I've always loved B.O,C (White Underbelly) and feel they're perhaps the greatest underrated rock band of all time. Their original album is phenomenal and this song reminds me of one of my favorites off this album (Cities aflame with R&R). Everything on this album is a standout and considering it's now half a century old....way ahead of its time!!

I've wondered why you placed black electrical tape over this nice looking guitar's maker's name on the guitar head. I have my theory on what this guitar is but I've noticed this practice with those old Andy Griffith episodes....they electrical taped the Martin name and I believe this had to do with a reversal philosophy on brand name dropping or refusal to pay endorsement for product placement. At any rate, can you divulge the make and model to us curious GT members, please?? Great lesson too by the way (see?? I even buttered you up!!) Jim C.

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/07/2020 1:19 pm

Haha thanks Jim!! That guitar is an X-Tone Paramount made by ESP LTD (great guitar). This BOC tutorial is from quite a few years back now, and I believe I had used the guitar in a video where we put tape over all the logos and brand names of guitars, amps, drums, etc.

I'm not sure of the exact reason we did that - maybe it looked cooler, maybe the director asked us to do it, maybe the other guitarist was endorsed but was using different gear - can't remember.

Anyways, we shot the video, and I left the tape on the headstock for years afterwards, because, you know .... musicians are lazy haha!!

Cheers!

Mike

Originally Posted by: stratmanjimbo

So long as this lesson has been referenced, I have a question I've wondered about and a point. Point: I've always loved B.O,C (White Underbelly) and feel they're perhaps the greatest underrated rock band of all time. Their original album is phenomenal and this song reminds me of one of my favorites off this album (Cities aflame with R&R). Everything on this album is a standout and considering it's now half a century old....way ahead of its time!!

I've wondered why you placed black electrical tape over this nice looking guitar's maker's name on the guitar head. I have my theory on what this guitar is but I've noticed this practice with those old Andy Griffith episodes....they electrical taped the Martin name and I believe this had to do with a reversal philosophy on brand name dropping or refusal to pay endorsement for product placement. At any rate, can you divulge the make and model to us curious GT members, please?? Great lesson too by the way (see?? I even buttered you up!!) Jim C.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
01/07/2020 5:11 pm

Nothing lazy about your thorough lessons though, M.O.!! I've told you this before but your lesson presentations and coverage have/has either improved over time or.............perhaos I've become more adept at working through them?? Both?? At any rate...you do have an uncanny knack ability to not only break down these lessons but intuitively figure out potential trouble areas for us guys and demonstrate how to work though these. Plus.........I give you (and Christopher) all these nice accolades and neither of you allow this to go to your heads!! OK......maybe C.S. does a wee bit..........I'm joking!! Seriously......keeping things black & white and humble is just as valuable as proper chords, notes, string bending and fingering.......at least in my book!! Jim C.

# 5
StratmanKeith
StratmanKeith
01/07/2020 5:48 pm

I agree completely, I always look forward to a new song Mike comes out with, meanwhile I cruise the archives looking for previous lessons of his, Mike your older lessons are very good, but its definetly noticable how much more you break down a song you have been teaching lately, and I really appreciate that and I am sure everyone else does too, especially for newer guitarists like me that are at the level three skill and under, playing mostly rhythm but always on the lookout for easier leads, you have really stepped up your instructor skills, and a big Thank You for that! Keith

# 6
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/08/2020 1:05 am

I very much appreciate the kind words gentlemen!! Over the years, as I've gotten a better handle on teaching on-camera, it's no surprise the lesson quality has been steadily improving. I think I can speak for all of us GT instructors in saying we are continually striving to make each tutorial the best it can be!

Cheers!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 7
gazstaf
Full Access
gazstaf
Full Access
01/10/2020 6:04 am

Every tutorial is first class.

Thanks

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.