View post (Song series)

View thread

Frizzy Totay
Frizzy Totay
12/25/2019 12:12 am

Hi.

Up until a couple of years ago a couldn't play anything the whole way through. Now I can play a whopping 6 songs! :)

I think the one that has really taught me the most is More Than a Feeling by Boston. Here's some reasons why:

There are 4 guitar layers, which include rhythm, lead, melodies and harmonies. The chord progressions are interesting and although challenging for me, they were doable with a little determination.

The solo has good techniques, like bends, hammer ons, pull offs and is also melodic and achieveable.

The intro is picked, and I believe the term might be string skipping, which is a difficult skill, especially as I didn't possess that skill when starting out.

I guess, all in all, the song has so many of the basic skills we all need and once learned is a joy to play. And as there are 4 guitar parts you can choose your own sections. I've stuck mostly with Mike's path, but alternate between playing the solo or playing the rhythm under the solo each playthrough. I can also assure you the there is no way this is a 5 guitar difficulty song. There are harder 3 guitar songs, so I highly recommended giving it a shot.