New to GT

Jon Mo
Full Access
Jon Mo
Full Access
11/05/2019 6:25 pm

Hello All,

I just joined 2 weeks ago and I am enjoying all the new lessons. I joined because I was being instructed by my friend and after a while I seemed to hit a wall. So I thought I would try a different approach. To be honest, some days are more productive than others. I have "larger" fingers so my learning curve causes some issues. This will be my 7th month of learning(2 weeks of GT) and I fear I am not a accelerated as I should be. I hope to gain some tips and tricks with the website and forum. At any rate, I will keep learning and I look forward to more lessons. And I hope at some point, I can provide help to others in my position.

Jon

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
11/05/2019 7:57 pm

Hi gogachachi,

We're happy to have you check out our guitar lessons. Please don't feel rushed to learn guitar, because everyone learns at their own pace.

If you're more experienced and know a few chords and notes, I suggest you start with Guitar Fundamentals 2 here: https://www.guitartricks.com/course.php?input=fundamentals2

Be patient, and practice, that's all it takes. Let me know if you have any questions!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/07/2019 6:50 pm

Hi Jon,

I came across this quote today: “Slowly is the fastest way to get to where you want to be.”

Every single person learns differently. As long as you are sticking with the lessons and your practice time, you WILL progress. When you things slowly, you learn more thoroughly. It’s all good!

Have fun! - Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3
Jon Mo
Full Access
Jon Mo
Full Access
11/08/2019 8:08 pm

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for the support. I look foreward to more lessons taught by you

Jon

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.