View post (Question about looping & looper pedals w/acoustic)

View thread

glen.wilder.xz
glen.wilder.xz
10/25/2019 11:50 am

I have been interested in looper pedals and looping ever since first experimenting on a PRS I bought a while ago, but ended up returning because of not bonding with the neck. I have always viewed looping as something you do with electrics, but I think my thinking may be flawed here, so..

My question is this. Can you use the standard, popular looper pedals (Ditto, RC-30, JamMan etc) bestelectricguitars.reviews/best-looper-pedals with an acoustic setup? For instance, my only acoustic-electric is my Gibson which I use with a Loudbox mini. Could I simply buy one of the mentioned loopers, plug it into my setup, and begin laying down loops and playing over them?

Sorry if this seems like an beginners question.. I just don't have much experience with anything at all outside of the realm of strictly acoustic, so .. amps and pedals and electronics and recording software, etc etc etc etc.. they have always been a bit foreign to me.

At any rate, I would like to explore this further and I would appreciate any advice, experiences, tips, and guidance that any of you might be able to provide. Would also like to hear about your setup and what you've found to work the best and most enjoyable. If those pedals do NOT work with an acoustic rig/setup, surely they have ones that do?

Thanks