View post (How do you use these lessons? Pieces of a puzzle.)

View thread

Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/15/2019 6:41 pm
Originally Posted by: tonypashigian

I've been playing around with guitars for awhile. I can play chords and scales. I know the cool parts to songs that I like. I took some lessons awhile back, but it all seemed very random. Now, I've been through a bunch of Guitar Tricks lessons. All of that, and something is missing.

Is there a Guitar Tricks course that can show how to stitch all of this together so that when I sit down with a guitar I can do something that sounds like music instead of fragments? I've never had the feeling like I was on a path and progressing toward an objective.

I'm POSITIVE I used to overthink it. When I "let it go" I improved. But, if I took a guitar to a camp fire, I have no earthly idea how I'd play for 30 minutes and make it sound interesting. Same for electric guitar playing.

Any suggestions?

Hi there,

This is an interesting question and the root of this seems to stem from the question: what do you want to learn and why are you playing guitar?

Our Core Learning courses do a great job with giving you small pieces of guitar playing like chords, single note melodies, and then putting them together into a song. And then ramping that up to playing scales, more advanced chords, and implementing chord progressions, etc. That is the core of guitar-playing.

If you have a good grasp of those key concepts, you'll be able to play a lot of different music. It seems like you may want a course on how to create your own songs. What do you think?

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.