View post (Godin Progression)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
10/12/2019 3:13 am

Although I had seen it before, it only confirmed after watching your bending vid #2 that you had a Maple neck guitar, hence the edit deletion of the subsequently redundant question.

I'm the same. I can get along with both of the primary fingerboard woods. Not so fond of faux or thermally treated materials such as those frequently labeled "Techwood" and "Roseacer". Most of my fingerboards are Rosewood, but I like Maple equally, particularly satin finished although it is susceptible to showing staining and wear with frequent use over time. I think they refer to it as character to a point people pay for relic-ing.

I recently acquired a new gloss urethane finished Maple necked conventional SSS strat, but sent it back due a warranty issue. The lazy dealer refunded vs replace -too hard basket job, although the single line import distributor of the brand has since offered to replace. Higher priorities have intervened in the interim so I haven't opted to action a replacement at this point.

I'm sincerely excited for you. It looks to be a truly pleasing player, and if looks could kill! [u]I love your colour choice[/u]. I hope yours turns out to be the spitting image of the one in the promo images. I really liked the Vintage White one with tortie pickguard in the demo vid too. I have a hardtail P90 Pacifica in that same scheme.

[br]PS. Tied up in a vid conference earlier. If I get courageous enough to broadcast my ancient mug on YT, I'll make a vid and demo my progress with bending applying the technique I mentioned I use with YGLTG. By necessity applied contextually to melody musically, it's different from as the bend tute vid links by fuzzb0x illustrate. Can't use the forefinger to support in the adjacent fret when it needs to be fretting a note on the first string.