View post (Eventually move towards Metal Style?)

View thread

KellyAM
KellyAM
10/03/2019 10:56 pm

Hi,

[br]I'm just restarting guitar lessons from when I was a child to my later years in life. The lessons I took as a kid were geared toward country western. Between my mom making me practice so much to having to learn music I desperately hated, I resented the guitar and eventually quit.

[br]But my teacher (and cousin) died recently and here I am starting over. That said, I understand I need to take time and learn the chords and all the lessons carefully in order to be proficient, even if I may not utilize all of them.

[br]However at some point, not sure when, I really want to learn metal music like Metallica, Megadeath, Dio, that sort of thing. Does Guitar tricks delve into that or give me the tools to learn how to do that? I get part of it has to do with gear and don't worry, I have gear, but techniques on how to use high gain and distortion isn't easy...

Or will I have to move on at some point?

[br]Thank you in advance

Getting back into guitar after lengthy lessons when I was a kid. Starting over with an electric guitar. My ultimate goal is to learn how to play Thunderstruck!