View post (Change Chords on electric guitar - Newbie Question)

View thread

Joe Newinski
Full Access
Joe Newinski
Full Access
09/11/2019 2:50 pm

I want to thank everyone that has provided comments. As someone that's new to this, it's sure is nice to have a place to come and bounce ideas/comments off of folks.

My "learning" continues. But I think I might have figured out one piece of the pizzle. I noticed that when I'm changing chord from say a D chord to an A chord, I was dragging the pointer finger because it didn't really have to move much (with the way I was taught the A chord). When I started lefting all my fingers off the strings on the end of the D chord and put them back down on the A chord.....much cleaner sounding.

As I said, might not have solved everything. But I think it's a step in the right direction. Got to love the learning process otherwise might as well just go home, right!

I will say, the last day or two I've noticed a break through in my changing of chords. It's getting faster (still not totally there yet), more accurate in placement of fingers and it's starting to actual sound better. I'm going to keep on pluggin' away. :-)