Ear Training

Kerry King Jr.
Kerry King Jr.
11/08/2002 2:51 am
I was wonderin if any of you know anything i can do to improve my "Musical Ear" Everyone keeps sayin it will come with time and if thats true i hope dat time comes sooner than later. Thanx
# 1
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
11/09/2002 3:43 am
Try http://www.good-ear.com
Its fun and it works in a surprisingly short amount of time.
Use internet explorer though, its got the plug-in you need for the audio thingy built in. If ya wanna use netscape ya hafta download the plug-in and Im pretty sure it costs you.
And God said, 'Let there be rock!'
-And it was good
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/09/2002 4:29 am
Check out the artical in the first GT Newslatter

http://www.guitartricks.com/2000/trick.php?trick_id=5498

S
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
Kerry King Jr.
Kerry King Jr.
11/09/2002 1:14 pm
Thanx alot guys.:)
# 4
emmanuel79
emmanuel79
11/11/2002 2:46 pm
Well...i believe that most of us here have this "musical ear"...or may also called "play by ear talent". Well, should say that I have this talent too...but didnt really realize how did I learn to polish it. Until oneday, I try to remember what have i learned within my 11 years of playing...never thought that I would be crazy at guitar at age 12...I just learn for fun bcoz i saw my father, my uncles and aunties...most of them know how to play guitar. SO i started to learn normal chords like C..Em..F..G..then my uncle taught me a church songs...using on the 6th and 5th string string...from here...i saw my father cathing up chords by just hearing it. I was wondering ...how the hell he knows the chord by just hearing and guessing it? I ask a lot of questions...until I found out that...to have your ear working as a musical instrument...first, u gotta to familiarize yourself to sounds of chords progressions...the bass line progressions...all is by Experience...u heard it...then u knew it was this chord to that chord...or...u listen to this bass line...it is so familiar...maybe it is G...Em...C...D...or.... A...F#m...D....E...its all through experience and dont forget..."Imagination". If you are able to imagine the chords and bass line...then u might be able to guess what is the chords...for cathing up lead scales....of course...u need this imaginations...combine with ur existing knowledge...and dont forget...a good radio or CD to playback clearer sound so that u r sure of the notes. Hmmm...guesss...I am too much sharing...oh well... this is what a forum is used for, right? Hope that helps... ;p
*Aliens Understand Music*
# 5
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
11/15/2002 12:16 am
You COULD spend years becoming familiar with how chord progressions sound and fit together, or, you can do what I did, and spend monthes learning about key signatures and spare youself years of experimentation.
You can still develope you ear if you do it this way. You can play one note, close your eyes and play another note, and guess what interval you've played, then open your eyes and see if your right. Or websites like the one I suggested are good, cause they do the same thing, only your not playing, your getting the sounds off the net.
And God said, 'Let there be rock!'
-And it was good
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.