AC/MO !

StratmanKeith
StratmanKeith
07/31/2019 10:00 pm

One of my favorite local cover bands that also plays at Summerfest here in Milwaukee, Bobby Friss Band plays Dirty Deeds, now I can air guitar along with them next time I see them, thanks Mike!

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/01/2019 2:03 pm

Haha nice!!!

Originally Posted by: kloveless

One of my favorite local cover bands that also plays at Summerfest here in Milwaukee, Bobby Friss Band plays Dirty Deeds, now I can air guitar along with them next time I see them, thanks Mike!

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
08/04/2019 3:40 am

I reckon (I'm a Texas boy so...........I can 'reckon', Mike!!) that since this is A) on Youtube and therefore available to the general public but even more importantly B) a very cool variant one can do with your most lovely interpretation of Back in Black...........here's a most outrageous version in fingerstyle (thumbpick) by this excellent guitarist plus shows the versatality of utilizing GuitarTricks plus Mike Oleshy lessons!! So enjoy and marvel at all the possibilities out there!! Jim C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-wMGg6p0Kw&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=ePJBiAiybbPjTnSV%3A6

# 3
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
09/25/2019 6:20 pm

Hi Mike,

I just finished Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, great lesson it is !

I wonder if there are any new ACDC lessons lying on the GT shelf in the future?

Thx,

Ricky

# 4
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/26/2019 12:03 pm

Cool Ricky - glad you enjoyed the lesson! The 6 AC/DC songs that are on the site are currently the only ones we have. Hopefully we can get more in the future - so be sure to drop by the Song Request Forum to ask for more!!

Thanks!

Mike

Originally Posted by: rickymurphy

Hi Mike,

I just finished Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, great lesson it is !

I wonder if there are any new ACDC lessons lying on the GT shelf in the future?

Thx,

Ricky

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 5
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
09/26/2019 11:26 pm

Well, whatever GT can make happen, Mike, you are the poster child (IMHO mind you) of how to teach how a song should be played and I thank you for the lessons.

Mind that I kind of dig the classic Vibe. I'm not sure there actually was music after 1980 (BiB), but I fully admit I may be wrong on this factoid.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 6
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/27/2019 12:08 pm

Thanks for the kind words!

Mike

Originally Posted by: William MG

Well, whatever GT can make happen, Mike, you are the poster child (IMHO mind you) of how to teach how a song should be played and I thank you for the lessons.

Mind that I kind of dig the classic Vibe. I'm not sure there actually was music after 1980 (BiB), but I fully admit I may be wrong on this factoid.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 7
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
09/29/2019 10:27 am

Hi Mike,

is it possible to follow lessons with you that center around learning a song from A to Z. I am not into learning it quick quick, but I am into learning bit by bit, part by part, but learning them detailed and correct. Is that a possibility? That would mean that you have to look into song upfront, so each lesson is "prepared". I don't know if this is possible?

# 8
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/29/2019 2:03 pm

Hi Ricky, yes this is possible! I could certainly accomodate that. The biggest challenge is that my availability for 1-on-1 lessons is very limited, so you'll have to check out my schedule to find out if there's a time that can work for you.

Thanks for the interest, here is the page for 1-on-1 lessons:

https://www.guitartricks.com/pro/

Mike

Hi Mike,

is it possible to follow lessons with you that center around learning a song from A to Z. I am not into learning it quick quick, but I am into learning bit by bit, part by part, but learning them detailed and correct. Is that a possibility? That would mean that you have to look into song upfront, so each lesson is "prepared". I don't know if this is possible?

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 9
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
09/29/2019 6:09 pm

Hi Mike, I checked the availability and that seems ok for me.

I don't know when I should book a first lesson, as I don't know when you would be ready for it? Cause I think you need time to prepare. Maybe end of october? My wish would be this song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzhv1akyuxQ

It's the live version from Problem Child (off the If You Want Blood ... You Got It-album)

I have this song on cd, what would give you better audio quality.

I would like to learn the complete song, including all lead work. If it is ok, I would like to start off with the main solo, as I never got to get this one under my thumb. (just to give you an idea, I been working three days on the Dirty Deeds solo to get it ok, and I feel that it is way less complicated than the Problem Child solo).

Ricky

# 10
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/30/2019 3:06 pm

Hey Ricky - I apologize but I think I misunderstood what you were needing from the session. As far as learning solos as complex such as this one, I would have to transcribe the solo first, which is time consuming and would be outside the realm of what the cost is for the 1on1 lesson.

I don't mind teaching riffs and easier solo stuff and prepping a little bit before hand, but it would take me much longer than just a few minutes to prepare what you are asking for.

Perhaps finding a transcription book for that song with accurate tab would be the first step, and then if you needed some coaching you could book the session with me.

Again, my apologies

Mike

Hi Mike, I checked the availability and that seems ok for me.

I don't know when I should book a first lesson, as I don't know when you would be ready for it? Cause I think you need time to prepare. Maybe end of october? My wish would be this song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzhv1akyuxQ

It's the live version from Problem Child (off the If You Want Blood ... You Got It-album)

I have this song on cd, what would give you better audio quality.

I would like to learn the complete song, including all lead work. If it is ok, I would like to start off with the main solo, as I never got to get this one under my thumb. (just to give you an idea, I been working three days on the Dirty Deeds solo to get it ok, and I feel that it is way less complicated than the Problem Child solo).

Ricky

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 11
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
09/30/2019 9:05 pm

Hi Mike, could you send me an email at ricky.vancoillie@telenet.be? So I can make a suggestion (but in private).

Thx,

Ricky

# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.