View post (opinions on Traynor YCV80 2x12 combo)

View thread

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
11/05/2002 10:46 pm
not many people will give you feedback on this amp cause its Canadain in origin but doesnt mean its made in canada or sold only in canada for that matter. This amp is awesome! I m going to buy one b4 the month is over. The low down is that for the cost, it an amazing amp. It sounds are much smoothier and warmer then anyother amp in the price range. I know this because me and my good friend who works at "long and Mcquade", the biggest or one of the biggest musical store franchies in canada, were testing them all out one day and he is an awsome player. The reason for the great sound is due to an all tube design with the pre-amp and amp manufactoring. Now a days most amps have a solid state-transistor (unless you get professional amps or really expensive ones)which is all crappy transistors. This is also why at 80 watts, the traynor is one bad mother f*****. I know guys who use it on stage in small pubs and bars. Not a lot of extra features on it, just a couple of things that add bass here, more tone there etc. Has two drives. Line out recording int he back...some little stuff. It a very versitile amp, but doesnt have a lot of the fancy setting that line 6 has or fender dsp's amps. The only amp that came close was the marshall, (i like rock), and even then, it wasent close...
Apparently at long the custom valve 40 is thier number one selling amp in its class so...and they sell alot of the 80.

to sum it up, its a great buy! Amazing amp!
p.s. if you live in canada and you might if you know about this amp its selling at Long and Mcquade for $850! and during this month there is no finacing interest for 1 year!
heres the web site http://www.longandmcquade.com/index.asp?section=4&level2=10

WWSD? What would stevie do?