View post (opinions on Traynor YCV80 2x12 combo)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/05/2002 4:17 am
(Sorry about the length of my post)
Well, it's like this. I have a POD pro and a Mackie M-800 going into a Marshall 1960A cab. The problem, it's just too much stuff to carry around, and I don't use but about 10% of what the POD is for. So, I'm in the market for a 2x12 tube combo. I'm thinking about a Traynor YCV80. I don't use many effects, so I'll be new to the whole effects board stuff. What I have in mind are a Boss tuner, a Dunlop "Mister" cry baby wah/volume pedal, chorus, delay, and an Electro-harmonix "The Worm" (phaser, tremolo, and 2 other things all in one), and an SKB pedal board. Like I said I'm new to the separate pedal situation, so if I've left out anything important or have listed something not worth having, please let me know. I had previously thought about a Marshall JCM2000 TSL 2x12, but too expensive. Then I thought about a Marshall AVT combo or a Peavey combo and getting the new PODxt, but that would defeat one of my main purposes....NO modeling! So after reading some pretty good reports on the YCV80 at Harmony-Central, I just about have my mind made up. I just want to know what your opinions or personal experiences are with this amp and Traynor. I use a 2001 PRS custom 22, and play everything from blues to heavy metal, so I need a versatile amp, but about 90% of the time I use the same 2 channels. Any help will be greately appreciated. I look forward to meeting some of you in the new chat sometime.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<