Hi, newbie on board

Vaiyngsatch
Vaiyngsatch
11/04/2002 8:17 pm
Hi,

I'm Sara from Australia and I'm just saying hi before I jump into some topics. I suppose there aren't many girls here, especially who like Vai, Yngwie or Satriani?

Later,

Sara
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
11/04/2002 9:26 pm
Wow! An actual girl? Jeez haven't had one of them in a long time.

Just Kidding. Welcome to the forum. It's probably one the best ones on the net. You'll be able to find out anything here.

The artists you've mentioned are among the favorites of most people here so i think you'll fit in quite nicely.

oh don't forget to check out the chat:

http://www.mind-gate.net/chat/GT

[Edited by zepp_rules on 11-04-2002 at 03:29 PM]
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
trendkillah
trendkillah
11/04/2002 9:42 pm
A lady who likes shred, how cool. :)

Welcome Sara!
# 3
Vaiyngsatch
Vaiyngsatch
11/05/2002 2:04 am
Originally posted by trendkillah
A lady who likes shred, how cool. :)

I not only like it, I learn it!!

My guitar teacher is Chris Brooks, who is becoming a bit of a sensation among Dream Theater and Steve Vai type fans. He has an album out that probably people who share my tastes would love.

Sara
# 4
trendkillah
trendkillah
11/05/2002 2:41 am
Originally posted by Vaiyngsatch

Sweet :)

# 5
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/05/2002 8:17 am
interresting - the first gurl iĀ“ve met on this board so far

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 6
kingdavid
kingdavid
11/05/2002 8:27 am
Wellcome Sara!
I think you'll love it here.
There's one or two girls I've seen here,but they aren't very active.Hope you'll be!
# 7
TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
11/06/2002 8:08 pm
Originally posted by Vaiyngsatch

[/B]

Well thats great :) Makes a change from the guitarist-gurls I know who strum a few chords and play Britanny Spears songs over and over and over..... I'd date you any day :D :D

Ps: isn't Vai's Firegarden just the coolest thing you could print on a CD?
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 8
Andrey^
Andrey^
11/08/2002 1:29 am
Hello,

female guitarist? That's a new one, hehehe. Hmmm, shredding's cool, yes. I do intend to learn to shredd. Well, I've been playing guitar for about a year now and so far there's only one solo I can play... Hendrix's Hey Joe. I did attempt some others before but got disscouraged when I got tabs for them from the net and I just couldn't make the solo sound right. So once I decided to attempt the solo from Hey Joe I got a couple of tabs from the net and I realized they're more or less useless. Took me an afternoon just to figure out the mistakes in the tabs.
Anyway, welcome :)
Btw, what do you (or anyone else for that matter) think of Blackmore? He's one of my favorites. Well, his latest music I hate but he was great in Purple and Rainbow, don't you think?
# 9
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
11/08/2002 2:38 am
Originally posted by Andrey^
... he was great in Purple and Rainbow, don't you think?
Ooohhh Yeaaaah!

As for female guitarists, I suggest you dig through some of the threads on this site. Key in "female" on the Search function (the icon is at the top of each page), and you'll find long lists of ladies worth listening to.

Speaking of which... Welcome Vaiyngsatch!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10
BarHook
BarHook
11/08/2002 9:53 am
hey, just outta interest vaiyngsatch, how long u been playing for?

my cousin also wants to start shredding cos of the lack of girl guitarists in her school lol

l8rz
You are only free to do anything,
Once you've lost everything.
# 11
Vaiyngsatch
Vaiyngsatch
11/08/2002 10:18 am
I've been playing 6 years. When I started learning from Chris Brooks I was just playing Silverchair and Soundgarden, but what he was doing and those that influenced that soon became some of my favorite music.

I started hearing albums like Rising Force, Passion and Warfare and Surfing with the alien, you know - the 80s classics I missed out on.

I don't try to play fast all the time, but so far I can play little bits of fast stuff and improvise using some scales, arpeggios and legato stuff. I have a long way to go but I have a great teacher to help me get there.
# 12
stratman42
stratman42
11/08/2002 6:33 pm
I'm guessin ur tastes and experience make u a better guitarist then anyone i know, including myself and regardless of sex. I actually know another girl from round my area in the uk who plays a little shred...thought you were her for a minute (she's called sara too!) Hope u have fun on this forum, ive been usin it for some time now and im still expanding my horizons from it!
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 13
u10ajf
u10ajf
11/09/2002 11:00 pm
Why the hell aren't there more female guitar shredders? I get the impression that in most orchestral instruments the male/female expertise balance is about even. I dont' think anyone but a total malechauvenist could ever doubt that women can be truly kicking guitar players.
If they do it's time they heard Jennifer Batten's Momentum. The only other female shredder i've heard is a classical guitarist called galina vernigora. A bloke called rak wrote a guitar piece and had to wait many years for someone who could play it, guess who did? Not me that's for sure! I saw her play in a tiny town hall once, I don't know why she didn't stick to auditoriums! How much ass kicking?
The only potential problem I can envisage for women playing guitar is that most women have slightly smaller hands but then i guess there is always the possibility of a 3/4 size guitar but I guess they're usually crap ones for kiddies.

Anyway; as for Ritchie blackmore check out "Burn" by purple, cool or what?!!
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 14

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.