View post (can B7 be a plain old note?)

View thread

dlwalke
Full Access
dlwalke
Full Access
06/24/2019 5:57 pm

Well, I think I only edited a couple of times to add something and to edit for clarity and a type, but since we're being snarky, after reading your post and some of it's tortured verbiage (e.g., "However interminably inquisitive as I am only too aware of my own human frailty rendering capacity to err, if you could explain to me..."), I would suggest to you that a little editing is not the worst thing in the world .

In any case, I'm not sure what you are objecting to. I read your post and don't take any issue with it, and I don't see anything in my post that is at odds with what you wrote. You seem to be reacting as if I told the OP that you can play a particular chord by playing a single note when in fact I said nothing of the sort. Indeed, just the opposite. I finished the first paragraph by saying explicity that there "is not a 1-to-1 deterministic relation between a note and a chord."

The OP wants to play the song "Ben" but is having trouble getting all the chords down at this point and asked asked "cant I play this song one note at a time? no chords [emphasis mine]? As I stated, you certainly can play the melody line one note at a time. If you start in G, the first line would be the notes G A G F# G A G D D.

PS - While I regret that I won't have your eternal gratitude for telling you how you "can sound a B7, Am or D7 note specifically by fretting any one of the six single strings at any fret position on the neck" since that is not something that can be done, perhaps I can have just a minute or so of gratitude for letting you know that the correct spelling of "tryads" is "triads."

PPS - In the interest of Full Disclosure, I note that I edited this post to change "If you start in B" to "If you start in G."