View post (Guitar build nombre deux)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
06/28/2019 4:38 am

Do you know what winds they are Will? The image suggests a generic of Chinese manufactured origin as there are no model annotation labels on the underside nor stamped imprint on the baseplate. Nevertheless they could come from manufacturer using decent materials with QC. Wilkinson for instance has his branded PUPs manufactured by under licence in both Korea and China, model dependent.

9k and 10k is certainly hotter than the mean for vintage PAF humbuckers but not "HOT!" hot - Vintage PAF typically run around 7½k - 8½k from what I glean. The LAF (Les Paul PAF) alnico V Humbuckers in my CS Custom (neck and bridge) are a well matched positional specific pair, respectively 8.3k neck & 8.4k bridge, and the push-pull coil split function affects both concurrently.

For comparison the Seymour Duncan Custom 5 alnico V Trembuckers in my HSS Pacificas are circa 14k. However only the Trembucker is split, rendering it a good match with the singles when split emulating Strat SSS mode, and HAF with Trembucker only selected with both coils active.

But three of 'em, and in that big LP solid Mahogany body! It's gonna' be a beast!