Constantly strumming all 3 strings of the 4,5,& 6

VulcanCCIT
VulcanCCIT
06/08/2019 10:18 pm

So I just finished "More Simple Chords and Easy Songs" lesson, as well as the "Learning and Practicing" Lesson that Lisa teaches. I am finding now, that I am able to hit all of the chords on time, (with the exception of Simple Am sometimes) but I am finding that right after a chord change, I am not strumming all 3 strings of the last 3 strings of the guitar. It seems to be strings 4&5 or I hit 3,4,5,6...and sometimes it seems to be mainly just string 5.... [br][br]I see a lot of guitar players that I watch on TV look at the frets, but I seem to have to look at the strumming area (is there a term for that???), just to make sure im strumming ok.

I want to get to where I do not look at anything![br][br]I know on the piano, I have to look at the sheet music...as if I look at the keyboard, I loose track of where I am in the song. On the keyboard, I may Occasionally look at a hand position change if I have to move my hand a great distance from one part of the keyboard to the next...[br][br]So on guitar, and I am referencing Lisa's "Learning and Practicing" lesson... where she talks about not doing repitition of the same wrong thing...and trying to find a way to correct the wrong thing... I do not know how to correct this...[br][br]Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance for your fine advice!!

Chuck,

Phoenix, Arizona

# 1
VulcanCCIT
VulcanCCIT
06/08/2019 10:20 pm

I meant to title this CONSISTANTLY but I guess Constantly still works, lol... not sure how to edit the Title....

Chuck,

Phoenix, Arizona

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.