Song Strumming Pattern

sizanbandhan
Full Access
sizanbandhan
Full Access
04/25/2019 4:36 am

So I saw someone who listened to a song and came up with the strumming patter to go allong with that song after listening to it. How does he do that? How does he know what strumming pattern to use from listening to the song? Usually I have to look up a tutorial for a specific song. But this guy listened to any song and strummed with singing. I can sing, but I dnt know how to figure out a strumming pattern of a song from listening to it.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/25/2019 4:42 pm

Hi there,

It's possible that this person isn't playing the strum pattern the same as it was on the original recording of the song. Sometimes you may just feel the rhythm, and strum well-enough to make the song sound good. This doesn't necessarily mean you're strumming the way the original artist did it.

This is something you will simply be able to do through playing. Maybe that's not a very good answer, but if you let yourself have fun, and remove yourself, for just a moment, from the technical stuff, and feel the song, it may help you with your rhythm and your strumming.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
sizanbandhan
Full Access
sizanbandhan
Full Access
04/26/2019 7:50 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hi there,

It's possible that this person isn't playing the strum pattern the same as it was on the original recording of the song. Sometimes you may just feel the rhythm, and strum well-enough to make the song sound good. This doesn't necessarily mean you're strumming the way the original artist did it.

This is something you will simply be able to do through playing. Maybe that's not a very good answer, but if you let yourself have fun, and remove yourself, for just a moment, from the technical stuff, and feel the song, it may help you with your rhythm and your strumming.

Ya i understand what you mean, Just need to practice listening and counting beats.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.