need an advice

gernm18
gernm18
10/27/2002 4:04 am
hi,i need an advice for me,i have a band and i'm the lead guitar but i think my band is going a pretty slow ,they say they are still learning the songs but i can't believe it should be tougher for me cause i have to learn the solos (we are only 4 ,bass ,lead guitar(me),rythm guitar and drums)i'm looking for a singer but it's really tough to find one. i dont know if i have to quit my band and get another one or wait for them. i live in the bay area very close to san francisco i'm still in high school if anyone here can help me i'd be thankful thanks please give me an advice
p.d.my dream is to have an awesome rock n roll band but i think i'm going very slow with this band,it's so tough to find people who want to play the same style. i like guns n roses,metallica,ac/dc,ozzy,kiss,ledzepelin,van halen,etc,etc
thanks
German
# 1
TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
10/27/2002 10:02 am
My issue with bands at the moment is finding a freakin' bassist.....there don't seem to be any around, and none of the many guitarists I now know has a bass for anyone to play. Heh, all in good time.
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/27/2002 2:04 pm
I have been moving around with my job / studies for the last 13 years, and rather than drop in and out of bands I have built myself a project studio. Having no band, I took up both the Bass and Drums in addition to playing the guitar and singing. I’m not a virtuoso at drumming / bass playing but know more than enough to get by. I never have to fight with people about style, I have no problem communicating and if I want to start gigging again, well I can take my pick of guitarists out there who are 2 a penny. Net end result, a library of original finished songs on CD.

As far as your predicament goes well, there is nothing to say that you can’t look for or jam with other musicians or even be in more than one band. No need to bin the band you are in until you have something more concrete to move on to !

Best of luck
S

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
10/27/2002 2:16 pm
I really like your music style. Man, I would like to play stuff like being a tribute band our somthin´ like that. It´s not so bad. You´ll mabe not be world famous but you´ll get good rep. as a musican in local public and somtimes that´s enough and it isn´t hard to achive.

I would really like to live in L.A. That´s my favourite city of ´em all and there are some amazing bands form LA and you even got GIT over there.

So if you find me a job and an apartment, man I´m yours.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 4
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
10/27/2002 2:21 pm
But right now I´m really satisfied with my band. First of all, we´re really amazing friends and been playn´ since we were 15 and we´re 20 now. Than I think we´re pretty good since we can play some Dream Theater stuff (Ytse Jam, Metropolis, Erotomania, Overture 1928...) and we´re all at the same level. Metallicas, Maidens and Guns` songs is somthing that we could play even when we were 15.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 5
metalisbest
metalisbest
10/27/2002 7:29 pm
I'm going through the same thing man. I'm still in high school and I can't drive by myself. I have a band, but we are going nowhere and its so hard to meet cuz we live far from each other, and I have no idea what to do. I'm either going to play rhythm guitar or bass for the band. I'm just going to wait a few years and get better and than go looking for bandmates.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.