View post (Rank Beginner at 55, looking for a song approach)

View thread

sgautier8th
Full Access
sgautier8th
Full Access
04/02/2019 9:16 pm

Posting to our 50+ Board to keep it near the top! Maybe GT can start a 50+ Newbie Board?

It is nice to know that you are all out there; it is definitely helping to keep me motivated to know that I'm not alone on this mid-life journey.

A week into Fundamentals 2 and I feel like my head is going to explode (as well as my wrist and hands). Up to the Amazing L (it is amazing). There is so much to practice (even just chord changes from Fundamentals 1), but there is so much to learn too and I feel like I'm just begginning to scratch the surface.

Question for the Admin - if where I really want to "get to" is playing leads, will I be better off (in the long run), slowing down a little now and really perfecting rhythm and chords before moving too much further ahead, OR is it okay to keep pressing forward and working on improving on past lessons on chords, rhythm, scales and power chords?

Typically, I will watch one or two GT lessons, then I go back with my guitar and play along. I try not to go more than a lesson or two ahead (lesson, not tutorial) until I can play along with Lisa on a lesson at regular speed without any errors.

A comment (preferably from Lisa M ?) on pace of lessons would be greatly appreciated!