Help!

electriceells
electriceells
03/16/2019 3:11 pm

Hi Mike. I know all my open and barre chords and can play several songs that I learned watching youtube. Also I'm familiar with the minor pent position 1..... So physically I can do quite a bit, BUT I have very little understanding of actual theory behind it.. I want to learn the blues first, so where should I start with guitartricks? In a beginner module? Or should I just jump Into blues 1 and it will provide proper theory instruction as we go? Help!

Thanks SO much!

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/17/2019 12:39 pm

Hey there! A good place to start would be the Guitar Fundamentals 2 Course. Some of this you'll already be comfortable with, but it gives a good introduction to the theory behind everything. Feel free to skip over the sections you already know (barre chords, for example).

Once you feel comfortable with the material in Guitar Fundamentals 2, then you should have a nice foundation to start the Blues 1 course. Anders does a great job explaining the theory as you go through that one as well.

Here's a link to the Guitar Fundamentals 2 Course:

https://www.guitartricks.com/course.php?input=fundamentals2

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
electriceells
electriceells
03/20/2019 5:37 pm
Originally Posted by: Mike Olekshy

Hey there! A good place to start would be the Guitar Fundamentals 2 Course. Some of this you'll already be comfortable with, but it gives a good introduction to the theory behind everything. Feel free to skip over the sections you already know (barre chords, for example).

Once you feel comfortable with the material in Guitar Fundamentals 2, then you should have a nice foundation to start the Blues 1 course. Anders does a great job explaining the theory as you go through that one as well.

Here's a link to the Guitar Fundamentals 2 Course:

https://www.guitartricks.com/course.php?input=fundamentals2

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

Mike

Thanks so much Mike! Great advice!

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/21/2019 12:33 pm

Excellent! Let me know how it goes!

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.