View post (Picking it up after 20 years - Question)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
03/03/2019 4:37 am

Depends. You gave it away twice before. Your son might do the same too when the novelty wears off, ...or not. 🤔

Are you sure its not just the need for something new and mysterious wanting to recreate the initial stimulation and excitment again?

Ultimately I guess it depends on what spending on an electric is to your lifestyle budget, and whether that's OK if it ends up stored in a cupboard in twelve months time. Questions only you can answer.

You've already got guitars to do Fundamentals with. Personally, I'd give it at least 6 to 8 weeks cooling off to give the emotion time to either consolidate or dissipate the impulse. If you're both still just as keen then, go for it. That's what I did when the impulse took me to take up guitar again after a long hiatus.

Heartily endorse electric, both for learning on and playing stuff you just need an electric to cover. They are fun. Of course it won't stop there though. Additionally you"ll want an instrument cable and an amp at minimum, although chances are GAS will take hold once you start.

Ask me how I know... 🤣😆😂