View post (Auto Scroll)

View thread

moosehockey18
moosehockey18
05/08/2020 12:13 am

Hello All,

Since this has been a recurring theme on this board, figured I would offer my 2 cents.

I`m currently about halfway through acoustic 1 having recently completed GF 1 and 2. I too was quite irritated at the lack of autoscroll for the song tutorials. Wanting to take full advantage of the lessons I came up with the following:

1) First, I would familiarize myself with each part : intro, verse, chorus etc.

2) Once I got more familiar with the song, I would write it down on a sheet of paper. Not the whole thing, just the chords and maybe a few prompts.

3) I would then try to play it just reading the paper; then try to play along with the instructor while listening on headphones,

4) Lastly, try to play the song through without looking at the paper while on the headphones.

This worked quite well for me and so far so good.

Having said all that, not having autoscroll on the songs is a major issue in an otherwise great website. I just want to learn guitar so I was willing to take some extra time to jerry rig a system of learning that actually worked well for me. I`m no IT person but is it really that hard to retrofit these lessons with autoscroll ? Just asking.

Cheers.