yay

mruniverce
mruniverce
02/04/2019 12:05 pm

long distance run around..awsome. was a challenge but i got it. Your such a good teacher, and my favorite thanks.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/04/2019 3:33 pm

Right on! Thank you!

Cheers!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
02/06/2019 2:04 pm

You can't expect to quickly pick up on a great YES tune with a title like "Long Distance Run Around", can you!!?? OK Mike............if you want the ultimate challenge in YES tunes............how about their most classic "Close to the Edge"!!!?? This to me is like Queen's masterpiece Bohemian Rhapsody in that the changes and progressiveness is beyond reproach!! Probably best left as is though...........this song took up at least an entire album side but since there's a definite and deserved YES revival going on here......absolutely worth listening to again!! Jim C.

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/06/2019 2:29 pm

Hey Jim!! Couldn't agree more!! One of the all time greatest progressive rock masterpieces! Fingers crossed we can get more great Yes tunes on the site!

Cheers!

Mike

Originally Posted by: stratmanjimbo

You can't expect to quickly pick up on a great YES tune with a title like "Long Distance Run Around", can you!!?? OK Mike............if you want the ultimate challenge in YES tunes............how about their most classic "Close to the Edge"!!!?? This to me is like Queen's masterpiece Bohemian Rhapsody in that the changes and progressiveness is beyond reproach!! Probably best left as is though...........this song took up at least an entire album side but since there's a definite and deserved YES revival going on here......absolutely worth listening to again!! Jim C.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.