View post (anti-religious songs)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
10/18/2002 7:51 pm
what's with rockers,especially heavy metallaers(ever heard of jazz singers dissing religion?) and religion?especially christianity.coz i never hear people dissing allah(the muslim version of god),mohammed(the muslim equivalent of jesus),buddha(buddist jesus,i think),vishnu(hindu god),and so on?
i think they do it to create publicity(cheap move,if you ask me,let your music do the talking),and end up spoiling the name of rock,which is ,imo,some of the best music you will ever get to hear.coz a lot of people associate rock with devil worship(notice,not worship the hindu,taoist,buddhist...version of the antagonist supremas,just the devil).my folks would never allow me to listen to rock music at home,let alone give me money to buy it,or buy me a guitar so i learn how to play "devil-worship music".the perception probably denies lots of kids a lot of musical inspiration.
these fools should just grow up and leave god alone.if you don't give a phuck about someone or something,then why you talking about it?
as for the bad things in religion,especially christianity and islam,that's another thing.coz yeah,a lot of evil is committed in the name of religion.and talking about that is ok.
and hey,if some tv evangelist goes on air and talks about how jesus died for you and stuff,and that is what you call religion,then if you in turn go on stage(and releasing a song on some recording medium is the ultimate stage)and state there's no god,don't need god,don't the scars,whatever,then even that which you're saying is religion as well!!so what do you mean there's no religion?
billie myers,in the song "should i call you jesus" says some stuff that might be what you're(whoever started this thread)is looking for.look it up from a lyrics website.