View post (Difficulty with C Chord)

View thread

zollybosher
zollybosher
12/09/2018 11:23 am

Thank you for the reply. It’s a case of one or

the other for me I am unable- struggling with keeping the 3 notes down to form the C chord. Yes I know it’s one of the fundamental and “ easiest chords without even getting to F ! I am a led to mix things up,as mentioned playing other chords with ease, well my fingers auto adopt the correct figuration now

i have been trying now for 5 months to get the C chord down, and yes I DO manage it sometimes, I try to replicate the positron but 9 times out of 10 either the G becomes mute or the top E

i have tried middle finger amd ring finger in there respective places no problems. The moment my first finger goes for the 2nd fret my other fingers become weakened so that they lose the horizontal position thus it all goes wrong

in other words I can hold 2 of the 3 strings but when it comes to all 3 it’s as though I don’t have enough span on my hand. Believe me it’s not for the lack of trying, it just seems as though I must be doing something wrong.

I have watched countless troubleshooting guides on this chord and it looks so easy, except when I try. I posted because their maybe other learners out there who have a similar issue OR are having difficulty with other chords, and may have found a way either round or through it I am loath to learn anything else until I can grasp the fundamentals

Maybe it’s time to avoid anything that has a C chord in it 😩