Advanced 4 notes/beat

Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
10/13/2002 9:15 am
What´s the normal fast speed for 4 notes/beat like Crossroads caprice and evrything else where the picking is more advanced than just chromatic.

Most of Paganinis caprice´s are group of fours and very advanced.

Dejan S. No speed limit
# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
10/22/2002 8:03 am
what exactly do you mean? 16th notes? i guess so. well.. depends on how fast you wanna play it. you can play 128th notes at tempo 50 and probably get the same result as 16th notes at 180 ... *L* basically i would say - get the original sheet music and see what paganini indicated there. then again noone realy knows what those ancient musicians understood by their tempoindications. the prestissimo of back then might be just like the presto of today. Dont forget that those dudes didnt have the technical level on the instrument as we do today.

Good example is bachs music. Bach-tunes are nowadays generally played WAY too fast. These compositions where dancing tunes - peeps used to dance their baroque dances to this kind of music. and i bet noone can play to bach played by Irgendwie J. Malmspleen *L*

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
10/24/2002 10:13 pm
I was thinkin´ like stuff by Paganini(CAPRICE5) and stuff like that where you play lot of 16-note arpegios and really pick them w/alternate style and not sweep ´em.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.